Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Sungha's covers King of Pop

Thousands of tributes have been done for the deceased King of Pop, Michael Jackson(may he rest in peace). There were dance tributes, videos, song, and covers all over the web. One such recognition to the King caught my attention, it was performed live at the Acoustic Guitar Meeting on April 4 2009 in Giessen/Rödgen, Germany. Played by one of the brightest fingertyle guitarists I've seen: Sungha Jung, a talented Korean boy, guitarist and Youtube star.

This is one of my favorite performances, simply because not only am I a fan of fingerstyle and classical playing but Sungha is just so amazing.

Billie Jean by Sungha Jung

Credits for the video goes to geert1957

RIP Michael Jackson, and Cheers for Sungha!

2 comments:

  1. That's pretty cool! I never heard of sungha Jung, but I do like it :) And the nice thing about this as a tribute is that Sungha gives it much more his own spin than most I have seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want to check out more of Sungha, you can check the links page. =D

    ReplyDelete